Uric Acid Formula
Uric acid is a potent antioxidant that is produced mainly in the liver, intestine, and other tissues such as muscle or kidney. It protects However, accumulation of uric acid at high level in the blood can lead to acute or chronic inflammatory arthritis, or gout.
Uric Acid Formula is a blend of vitamins and herbal extracts to support healthy uric acid metabolism. Uric Acid Formula promotes healthy liver enzyme activity, immune activity and support systemic alkalization. Potassium citrate increases urine PH, or urine alkalization. A randomized control study has shown that combination of citrate preparation with allopurinol reduces level of uric acid significantly compared with allopurinol treatment alone. Devil's claw is a traditional South African herbal remedy used in arthritic conditions such as osteoarthritis. Some evidence has shown it may reduce pain level. Tart cherry extract contains flavonoids, anthocyanins, and other phenolic compounds that exhibit antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Quercetin is a flavonoid found in red onion, tea, apple, which may reduce plasma uric acid concentration. Bromelain found in pineapple exhibits anti-inflammatory, fibrinolytic, anti-microbial properties. Bromelain reduces formation of urate crystals. Grape seed extract contains procyanidins that prohibits inflammation and reduces pain.
- Amount Per Serving
- one (size 00) vegetarian capsule contains:
- vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)125 mg
- potassium (as potassium citrate)100 mg
- devil’s claw (Harpagophytum procumbens and Harpagophytum zeyheri) extract (root)100 mg(standardized to contain a minimum of 5% harpagosides)
- cherry (Prunus spp.) extract (fruit)162 mg
- quercetin 100 mg
- bromelain (from pineapple stem) (2,400 GDU/gram)50 mg
- grape (Vitis vinifera) extract (seed)25 mg(standardized to contain 92% polyphenols)
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), maltodextrin, ascorbyl palmitate
- Gluten Free, non-GMO, vegan, vegetarian
- 1 capsule, 2 times daily, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Consult your health care professionals before taking this supplement in persons with renal disease or allergic reaction to any ingredient listed above.